Monday, March 13, 2023

oswald

 

South Portico of the White House

by John Singer Sargent


When I read about Lee Harvey Oswald, or listen to videos about his life, I get the impression that he was a type of person who cannot be happy.  And they keep changing things on the outside -- move to Russia, move back to Texas, etc. -- but nothing works, because the problem is on the inside of their mind and spirit.


His father died before he was born, and his mother seemed like she was crazier than a sack of weasels, from what I've read.  He had a brother, who seemed like more of a stable person.


In the movie Parkland, available to view free on Amazon Prime now, they show some scenes about the Oswald family -- the mom and the two sons.  What I saw in that film conformed to what I had read.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment