Thursday, October 19, 2023

(does Tchaikovsky know about this?)

 

Maya Angelou

(April 4, 1928 - May 28, 2014)


a poem written by Maya Angelou:


A Conceit


Give me your hand


Make room for me

to lead and follow

you

beyond this rage of poetry.


Let others have

the privacy of

touching words

and love of loss

of love.


For me

Give me your hand.


________________________________________


a song (poem) by Chuck Berry


"Roll Over Beethoven"



Well I'mma write a little letter

I'm gonna mail it to my local DJ

Yeah, it's a jumpin' little record

I want my jockey to play

Roll over Beethoven,

An' I gotta hear it again today



You know my temperature's risin'

The jukebox blowin' a fuse

My heart's beatin' rhythm

And my soul keep a-singin' the blues

Roll over Beethoven

Tell Tchaikovsky the news



I got the rockin' pneumonia

I need a shot of rhythm and blues

I caught the rollin' arthritis

Sittin' down at a rhythm revue

Roll over Beethoven

They're rockin' in two by two



Well, if you feel and like it

Go get your lover, then reel and rock it

Roll it over then move on up just

A trifle further and reel and rock with

One another

Roll over Beethoven

Dig these rhythm and blues

_______________________________



Chuck Berry

(October 18, 1926 - March 18, 2017)


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment