Wednesday, December 13, 2023

frustración

 


The bank where I have my checking account now prevents me from seeing my account on the computer anymore.  They changed their online thing - love their blanket excuse, "It's foorrr seh - CUURR - i - teeee!"

        (It's like a little chorus.  I am awaiting the hip-hop Extended Version.)


Apparently I don't own a sufficient number of smart phones to satisfy their new system with texting and codes, plus passwords.  So a "service" (LOL) representative informed me today on the phone, "There isn't any way for you to see your account online."

        Ah - thank you so much.


I have been their customer since 2007.

        You're welcome.


----------------------- I was right away thinking of changing to a different bank.  But - isn't that like a divorce? - just a new set of bullshit to replace the former set of bullshit?


I remember having a conflict like this in the past - I had someone to fix something at my house and it wasn't fixed right, so I asked a friend who I should call, to get it fixed right.  And she said, Call back the original one and make him come back and fix it right.

        This seemed to be a sort of philosophical belief for her, but to me it didn't make sense.  That person screwed it up, why would I call him to come back?  I guess I felt like I should keep jumping from repair service to repair service until it gets fixed right.


My initial bank-fix, today, was - I'm going to switch banks!  But then I thought back to the repair thing, and "make him come back and fix it right" - maybe I should call back my bank and keep asking to be able to see my account online until they fix it so I can see my account online, just like all the other customers.  (Maybe this is Discrimination - ?)


I began to think, if I switch to a different bank, what if there's bad service there, too?  Or even if everything works as it should, I began to contemplate the nightmare of

Switching

Everything

Over.

(Ugghh.)


What?  Throw out stack of checks I just bought a few months ago, order new checks, new card, streaming services, the New York Times, Amazon, Everything In The World having to be somehow Switched Over. ...


God.  Am looking for a cliff.


I remember thinking, when I was younger, that people who have more wealth and power than I do never have these problems, everyone just bows down to them and tries hard to do everything right for them.  

        But then I recalled someone I knew who was in that position, and a scenario in, I think, the early 2000s, where he was taking a pickup truck back to a car-wash for them to wash it right, because they had washed it wrong the first time.


        And there again, he was following that practice of returning to the same service and asking for the job to be done right. ...




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment