Friday, August 2, 2024

don't go breakin' my heart

 

Kiki Dee; Elton John


Mmmh, don't go breakin' my heart,

I couldn't if I tried,

Oh honey if I get restless,

Baby you're not that kind -


Don't go breakin' my heart,

You take the weight off of me --

Oh honey, when you knocked on my door,

Ooh I gave you my key



Ooh  ooh,

Nobody knows it,

When I was down,

I was your clown,

Ooh - ooh,

Nobody knows it,

Nobody knows -


Right from the start

I gave you my heart ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That song, sung by Elton John with Kiki Dee, was a bright spot in the summer between my junior and senior years in high school when I had a (tedious) summer job as a summer girl, in the suburbs.

Yickety-yikes.  These people never talked about anything, or read anything.  They just existed.  Barely.

        Lots of kids today probably would have quit such a job, but I didn't.  I thought I had to - "stick it out."  


Why did I think this?


I do not know, exactly.


(You're not allowed to be a "quitter" - !

Really? ... Maybe - I - am - ...)


-------------------------------------------

On You Tube, go to the video titled:

Elton John, Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (with Kiki Dee)

uploader / channel:  Elton John


       ... and - Play!


comments:


~  I literally found this masterpiece by searching "Woohooo nobody knows it"


~  A pre-school teacher and a used car salesman walk into a karaoke bar...



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment