Saturday, September 14, 2024

remembrance of things past (and present)

 


      

  I am not my ideal self when I'm searching the Internet for videos about Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck's relationship.

I want to be the person who is reading Proust.


Instead, I'm searching, clicking, and getting disappointed when so many of the videos have "robot" voices.  

        It is becoming more difficult to detect when it's a robot voice because the people who create these things are increasing their skill and, I imagine, the technology is evolving.

But you can tell - the words sound too automatic, there will be unnatural pauses between words, or even syllables, and emphasis is put on the wrong word or phrase in a sentence.


        I hate that.  So then I - go looking for more.

        Looking for one that isn't a robot voice.

        I say to myself, "This is crap!  What am I doing?!"


And when finally I find a video I can stand to listen to, the story itself is probably mostly lies, and I know this, and still I want to hear more.

        It's a little bit like potato chips.  Just one more.


Many commenters say Jennifer wanted to be very "public" on social media, about their relationship and their daily activities, while Ben Affleck preferred to be more private.

        I don't know about that.  I remember before Ben got back with J-Lo, he was dating an actress named Ana De Armas - they were filmed out for a walk.  If he doesn't like publicity, why did he call the paparazzi when they were going to go out?

        A You Tuber I sometimes listen to explained that actors and other famous people who need publicity call photographers when they're going out someplace.  (Otherwise, how would photographers know where to - well - lurk, waiting to take pictures?)


Celebrities sometimes say publicly that they haven't had plastic surgery, when they have.

They sometimes say they don't have a prenup when they do.

And they sometimes say they don't want to be followed by photographers when in actuality it's the celebrity him- or herself who called the photographers before going out.


        Then there are the commenters who rant / lament that Jennifer Lopez has been married Four Times!!!

        Rookies.

         Elizabeth Taylor married eight times.




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment