Friday, September 4, 2009

ain't lobbyin'

Yesterday, was thinking of and recommending (meant to, anyway) Bob Dylan song: "Ain't Talkin'" -- contemplative, scary in a good way and worthwhile

yet today, felt like my own theme song could be "ain't writin'"
or -- "ain't bloggin'"

ONLY TWO THOUGHTS:

1. space

I like how the word "space" has come to be used to describe areas in a home or office or park / community -- you don't decorate the room, you design the space.

2. lobbyists

Are corporate lobbyists in Washington stopping us from having reasonable health care?

1 comment:

  1. I went searching for that song after the recommendation in your last blog. Then realised I had it on a never played before CD on a shelf behind me. It's a great song - I owe you one!

    Not sure I can make a comment on the US healthcare debate, except to say that in the UK we've followed it closely. Our own National Health Service is very inefficient and a huge drain on resources - but the principle of taking care of each other regardless of background is something I'm very proud of. Even if it doesn't always work!

    ReplyDelete