Friday, January 29, 2010

Accessing Thoughts

I don't know what I'm going to write until I write it.

I might know some --

and have ideas and a concepts and a chain of events or conversation that I plan to desribe,
but then I start Writing, and new things come to me.

Thoughts that I write down
remind me of things I hadn't thought of before;
help me realize things I hadn't figured out before;
and lead me in directions that weren't in the original plan.

This is true of all kinds of writing --

Writing Practice
Diary-writing
letter-writing
the novel
and the things I write in my Project Journal.

You (or, at least, I) don't know for sure until I
WRITE.
IT.

(It's like -- somehow I think differently, or access new sources in my brain computer when I pick up the pen or get to the keyboard and -- Start Writing.)

For me, accepting and working with the fact that
I don't know what I will write
until I write it

is
both

the hardest thing

AND

the easiest thing

about Writing.

Another "Discovery."

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment