Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Armageddon

Armageddon.

A year and three or four months ago, this Worldwide Economic Downturn (WED?) was presented to us as Great Depression-time.

I heard several people mention the possibility of needing to stockpile food--like, the money would not be worth anything, or something....

Articles I read said some people were putting everything into cash, then into a safe, to be guarded with a gun.

I was remembering, this weekend, a couple of conversations I had at the time -- one person said he was buying large amounts of some kind of food -- potatoes? Rice? Cannot remember.

I mentioned to someone that the first thing I would (theoretically) buy in large supply would be -- cat food.

He got a sort of look of dismay on his face; he frowned slightly, paused a moment, and then said, "Oh well -- I --er-- I wouldn't eat cat food!"

I meant -- for my two cats.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment