Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Three Presidents

Over the past weekend, a brief "clip" on news channels, showing former Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, with President Obama. They walked toward the camera, coming toward the viewer -- sort of dramatic, or a moment to pause -- three tall man in suits. Guys with ties.

It was about how to help Haiti, post-earthquake.

It was comforting and made me feel good -- proud, to see them together, walking with purpose. ('Haiti's had an earthquake, & we're here to do somethin' about it - !')

-----------------------------------------------------
I was thinking back trying to remember who all I voted for, & realized I've voted for all three of those presidents, at least once.

CLINTON in 1996 (but not 1992 -- that year I remember I intended to vote for Perot [are you laughing with me, or at me??!] but then I was so disgusted with him when he decided to drop out of the presidential race, part-way through (hello??!!) that I think I may have voted for George Bush (Bush - 1, the incumbent that year). Still could have voted for Perot -- think he dropped back in, after dropping out.

BUSH-2 ("W"), in 2004, because didn't think there was a good reason to change presidents in the middle of a war.
I might have voted for George W. Bush in 2000 also -- I honestly can't remember, and was surprised at myself for not remembering -- I do remember being equally uninspired by both Bush and Gore, that year.

And OBAMA, in 2008. I only decided to vote for him a week before the Election: bought his book, The Audacity of Hope, started flipping through, reading random passages, and found that Barack Obama said things (wrote things) that I had thought, myself, on my own. It was like -- my thoughts on his page. (Whoa!)

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment