Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the age of omelets


Eat This, Not That!
a book by David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding
I'm a fan!
--------------
It's a useful handbook --
10 foods you should eat every day:
eggs; green tea; garlic; grapefruit; Greek yogurt; avocado; quinoa; bell peppers; almonds; Swiss chard --
with substitutes listed for each...
---
Foods for Energy --
Foods that cure --
Foods to help us feel more relaxed and less stressed --
Carrots! Yes!
Flaxseed! Already putting it on salad, 4 x / week!
it isn't a "diet" to be "on," and then go "off of"
and then we're right back ...
It's a Lifestyle.

The heart of their theory is -- eat an actual potato, rather than potato thing-a-ma-jigs from fast-food-restaurant...
just -- actual food
that's really appealing to me, right now
Going to learn to fix sweet potatoes,
because my man David,
and my man Matt --
say so.

Garlic -- good on several fronts -- fights cancer; strengthens cardiovascular system; decreases fat storage; promotes healthy skin, and helps keep us -- (I'm assuming) -- vampire-free.
This is totally my trusty handbook.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment