Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ride it like you find it


CHORUS:
Oh that Rock Island Line is a mighty good road,
Oh that Rock Island Line is the road to ride,
Yes that Rock Island Line is a might good road,
If you want to ride, you got to ride it like you find it,
Get your ticket at the station on the Rock Island Line.

Jesus died to save our sins -- hooray to God,
We're going to meet him again!

[Chorus]

I may be right and I may be wrong,
You know you're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

[Chorus]

A B C W X Y X,
Cat's in the cupboard, but they don't see me!

Now that Rock Island Line is a might good road,
Oh that Rock Island Line is the road to ride,
Yeah that Rock Island Line is a might good road,
And if you want to ride, you got to ride it like you find it,
Get your ticket at the station on the Rock Island Line.
...

play the version uploaded by
cdbpdx
"Rock Island Line - Lonnie Donegan and his Skiffle Group"
on You Tube
(there's a picture of a record spinning on a turntable)
Like Lead Belly, this guy gets a lot of power out of just voice & guitar -- no electric, no drums...and every time he sings the chorus he takes it a little faster - !

Scroll down, one of the first few Comments says, "My Dad had this record, and my brother and I wore it out!"

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment