Thursday, March 1, 2012

gone mad

I do not need advertisers to "sell" me my own dreams;

and I do not need any politician to "sell" me my own religion.

Also do not need a minister to tell me how to vote.

Politicians try to make us feel emotional about emotional, personal topics, to avoid talking about real positive problem-solving and economy-building, and serious, realistic foreign policy. To actually have an idea is a harder job. To rant-and-rave and get people excited (finger-pointing, name-calling, ranting about the mistakes, sins, and misfortunes of others, elsewhere -- not us! We're "good"!) is an easier job, particularly if they have the right audience.

And media's reporting of political "news" has become so shallow that it's almost meaningless. I don't know why. (Because "news" outlets are owned by same giant, all-powerful corps that own members of congress...?)

"The world has gone mad today...
Anything goes!"

-- Cole Porter, (1934)

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment