Tuesday, September 11, 2012

stronger

Nine Eleven.  At 8:00am our time, 9:00 New York time, I was on the phone, re work, and had TV news on (maybe MSNBC, don't know....).

Watching the fire in the top of the North WTC tower and puzzling how a plane could run into that -- well accidents happen -- and about 60% of my thoughts said, "Accident," about 10% of my thinking said, "Possibly terrorism," and the other 30% was Stating Firmly and Hoping Desperately -- ACCIDENT -- NOT terrorism.... 

Then at :03 the second plane hit the other tower,

as I watched,

&
the newscaster's sentence raced up the octaves into a screech
and

the certainty that it was terrorism filled up my head.

------------------ There's that empty, flat feeling, then, that there isn't anything you personally can -- do....I went to my desk and worked.

----------------------------------------
At the time, NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani said,

"The city is going to survive, we are going to get through it, it’s going to be a very, very difficult time. I don't think we yet know the pain that we're going to feel when we find out who we lost, but the thing we have to focus on now is getting this city through this, and surviving and being stronger for it."

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment