Thursday, April 25, 2013

there ain't no gold and there ain't nobody like me


terror
error
wearer
bearer
fairer
rarer

Was thinking, write a poem about "terrorism" -- kids exploding things -- then thought,

e-nhh.

After hearing about the home-made bombs exploding at the Boston Marathon last week, started feeling sort of slowed-down, and frozen-in-place.

Kept thinking of that neighborhood -- the Back Bay -- where the bombs were left, and where I lived for a year, and worked for two summers....and aspects of student life in Boston came on the screen of brain -- things hadn't thought of in a long time:  some recollections spring out, others come only after concentration.

("Memories -- light the corners of my mind..." [musical notes -- Streisand] --

ne-nhh.)

When I lived in that neighborhood, Kevin White was mayor of Boston:  any mayor whose Wiki-Free Encyclopedia bio includes James Brown and the Rolling Stones is good, by me....

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment