Wednesday, July 17, 2013

oh mirror in the sky, what is love?


Sometimes when Stevie Nicks is singing, there's a vibration in her voice -- (is that "vibrato"?  Maybe.)...My gray cat, Chess Pacific, occasionally injects a vibration into a "Meow" -- when he does that, I ask him, "Are you doing your Stevie Nicks imitation?  Is that your Stevie-Nicks-meow?"

This girl I knew during college spoke about Stevie Nicks, one time, & I remember feeling as if someone had locked me inside of a dark barrel and I couldn't get out, like -- that type of frustration.  This girl (who had come to Boston as a student, but by the time I knew her, had -- just stopped going to classes) had seen a Fleetwood Mac concert -- in her home state of New Jersey, I think, and she launched into this whole resentful tirade about Stevie Nicks -- "The guys were yelling for her, 'Take it off Stevie' -- she isn't even a musician, all she plays is the tambourine, that isn't an instrument, she was moving around on the stage, and she isn't even any good, and her hair looks like someone placed a poodle on her head..." etc. 

I remember the feeling of struggling to understand what her problem was -- it felt like trying to run in hip-deep water, like -- you can't get anywhere.

{Inside head:  "WAIT a minute.

You were -- at a

Fleetwood Mac concert,
and
you're --

bitching?????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!

WHAT
in the
God's-Almighty, green-earth, wide-world, ever-lovin'
ass-kickin'
hell-is-the-matter-with-you???!!!?!"

WHAT'SWRONGWITHYOU??!!}

------------ On the outside, I don't think I said anything.

================
I read where this artist-philosopher guy in Italy said, in imparted wisdom, in Life there are two kinds of people:  those who are life-enhancing, and those who are life-diminishing.

I think, now, that the Life-Diminishing people can make contributions to life, in their own way, if they're assigned to something they can do, and where they can't hurt anyone, but --

...Fleetwood Mac tickets are wasted on 'em.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment