Tuesday, October 3, 2017

dig my grave with a silver spade -- or at least fix my roof


"We'll be talking about gun laws as time goes by."

~~ Donald Trump, U.S. President





_______________ The line "Dig my grave with a silver spade" comes from a traditional American folk song, "Deep Blue Sea."


"Deep blue sea, baby, deep blue sea,

Deep blue sea, baby, deep blue sea..."


Heard it on one or more music documentaries...


Roof annoyances (not to be confused with "roofie annoyances" of the Cosby variety) were creating consternation in my head (how to find a reliable contractor; how much will it cost; however much it is, it will be too much for my economics what am I going to do son of a bitch) and then I heard about the shooting 59 dead in Las Vegas and by late Sunday night I was asking myself, OK, am I depressed/nervous about, the roof or the rain or the Las Vegas shooting?  Which one is it?

Ordinarily I enjoy rain -- I love the mood and the feeling of it, especially if it's windy -- but when your roof leaks, it becomes like a terrorizing experience, because you cannot stop it, aaauuugggrrrghhh!!


Then there's the klink-klink sound, every time I turn on my Tablet, and the words in the upper-left-hand corner of the screen, "Breaking News" -- (every time I turn it on), and then a headline flashes after "Breaking News" and then evaporates too fast for me to read it, not that I want to.  God.


Speaking of Pete Seeger ("Deep Blue Sea"), and Hugh Hefner (passed on last week), there's a song on You Tube where Bob Dylan and Pete Seeger sing, "Ye Playboys and playgirls ain't a'gonna run my world"...


"Playboy" stuff provokes many people from all over the spectrum of thought and attitude... I was thinking, sex is somewhat like religion and politics; if the topic is brought up a lot of people get mad very quickly.  If you read some of the Reader Comments about Hefner, it's like -- Yikes.  

And people in their 20s and 30s are probably saying, "Hugh who?"

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment