Friday, April 13, 2018

the answer that you want


Listen to the wind blow,

Watch the sun rise.

Run in the shadows,
damn your love, damn your lies


And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain
   (Never break the chain)...

{The Chain" - written / Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie, Stevie Nicks}

_____________________________________

So many of the readers Commenting on Lindsey Buckingham's exodus from Fleetwood Mac invoke the name Peter Green, the band's founder.  This is him:


I can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
But don't ask  me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to...

_______________________

       I got a black magic woman
       I got a black magic woman
       Yes, I got a black magic woman
       She's got  me so blind, I can't see
       That she's a black magic woman
       And she's tryin' to make a devil out of me...

(And before someone yells, "That's not Fleetwood Mac -- that's a Santana song!" -- yes, Santana had a big hit, but Peter Green wrote it and recorded it first....)

_______________________________

     One of my favorite moments is on a show called Playboy After Dark, which you can see on You Tube, listening to a genial Hugh Hefner introduce "the Fleetwood Mac"...



     People enjoy their public figures, but when I was writing here yesterday I realized that the public -- the "audience" -- also gets impatient with their famous "friends" when the notables kick their feet and throw their toys too much.


     Speculating on the Buckingham - FM kerfuffle, one Commenter wrote, "never seeing another Fleetwood Mac concert again."  Another said, "this isn't a stunt that would have been pulled in their early years," and added that band members should "be grateful" and learn to get along.



     Like, learn something from the past, don't just keep repeating it.

     "I just saw Buckingham-McVie last year, and they were terrific.  I'll let that be my final Fleetwood live gig, and end it on a high note.  This is ridiculous," reads another Comment.


     Fans' impatience can energize and swirl into grouchy criticism and name-calling:  one commenter says Buckingham brings the drama -- while another one calls Stevie Nicks "Ms. Mysterious Dwarf."



     (That reminded me of something a You Tube Commenter said about NYC's former mayor, Rudy Giuliani:  "Please do not elect this lawn gnome to any office, ever again.")

_________________________

two songs  (You Tube)

1.  Lindsey Buckingham: Never Going Back Again -- AXS TV

2.  (scroll down a little from #1 and play
       Fleetwood Mac ~ Second Hand News
       (evie 1942, 634,000 views)


This weekend, listen to these two songs 403 times.

Or twice.

You're welcome!

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment