Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Logic, puréed in a food processor



Image result for wonder wheel


I feel like I'm lost in a desert and I'm late for something.


Chris Matthews!


Woody Allen!


These young ladies of the "Me Too" movement are attacking the wrong people.  They're crazy!

     "Why have I not fallen in love with you, yet?" spoken in a cheerful, upbeat [not to say manic] way while Chris Matthews was passing by -- is 'sexual harassment'??  Are they kidding me????


     That's a sweet, romantic, old-fashioned (maybe even 'corny') version of light flirting, meant as a compliment, as camaraderie among work-mates....

     It's like they're attacking freedom of speech -- Ladies! - that is the wrong target!

Image result for manhattan (1979 film)

     And now they're affecting my Freedom To Read:  last week I found out Woody Allen has a memoir coming out -- Apropos Of Nothing is the title.  I had just sworn off buying books for a while, but in this case had to make an exception -- I pre-ordered it on Amazon and Amazon said, "Cool, we'll deliver it to you April 7th, the day it comes out."  

And I was like, "Ten-four, thumbs-up" -- and then the next day it's on SLATE and in the New York Times that the publisher, Hachette Book Group, is going to Not-Publish Woody Allen's book after all because Ronan Farrow bullied them out of it.  (!)  (I mean, that isn't the exact wording of their press release, probably, but that sounds like the substance of the situation to me....)   Honestly!!!!

Image result for hachette book group
(a.k.a. spineless tap-dancing weasel)


     Mia Farrow (Ronan's mom) has been media-stalking and harassing Woody Allen for approximately 27 years.  Because she was mad that he started dating someone else after she and he had agreed they were platonic anyway.  (What?!)


     These crazy freak-shows are stopping me from having Hardball with Chris Matthews from You Tube each night after work, and they're preventing me from reading Woody Allen's book -- publisher backing out of a signed contract?! -- what kind of ethics do those people have?? -- it's like the Nazis burning books in the 1930s!

               This is not right!

Image result for hachette book group


     I feel like I have to get a T-shirt and have it printed up with the phrase "Say it ain't so!" and then have 50 more just like it made up, and just wear those with black slacks for the rest of my life.


Maldición!!!


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment