Tuesday, March 24, 2020

the words that he told her kept coming back


Kenny Rogers' recent passing was a bit of a surprise.

Then I start thinking about -- the songs.

Aahh!  All. Those. Songs.

     He made a contribution to all our lives.  Along with Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, and F. Scott Fitzgerald, Kenny Rogers gave us art that accompanied and backed up our earthly journey..

     I remember the first time I became aware of him -- he was on TV, and I just happened to notice in passing.  Think it was Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
     He did a song which ordinarily wouldn't have drawn my interest, at that age -- country, slow song with a theme of sadness, or loss.

     But I listened to the whole song anyway because it just sounded great.
His voice -- uniquely evocative, and -- a magical melody.

     I thought, "That's a hit."

     Go on YouTube and type in

Kenny Rogers - Lucille

     Uploaded:. top401977
     297,000 views

and Play.

-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment