Tuesday, March 31, 2020

woke up this morning with the sundown shining in


The Dude abides': 20 years on, how The Big Lebowski became a ...

(Yeah, yeah, oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in)

I woke up this mornin' with the sundown -- shinin' in
I found my mind in a brown paper bag within

I tripped on a cloud and fell-a eight miles high
I tore my mind on a jagged sky

I just dropped in -- to see what condition my condition was in


(Yeah, yeah, oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in!)

I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in
I watched myself crawlin' out -- as I was a-crawlin' in
I got up so tight, I couldn't unwind
I saw so much I broke my mind --
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in


(Yeah,
 yeah, 

oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in)

Psychedelic Art Painting by Pd

Someone painted "April Fool" in big black letters on a "Dead End" sign
I had my foot on the gas as I left the road and blew out my mind
Eight miles outta Memphis and I got no spare,
Eight miles straight up, downtown somewhere
I just dropped in -- to see what condition my condition was in


I said I just dropped in - to see what condition my condition was in
(Yeah - yeah, oh-yeah)
     [instrumental:  "wwaaaaaannnnnn - wongah-wonga" etc., psychedelic sounds, fading out, then back in...]

-----------------------------------------

The lyrics of that song are genius, and the music all-encompassingly sublime, i-m-o.


Between Clouds. Abstract Sky Background Digital Art by Elena Sysoeva


{"Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In" - written by Mickey Newbury}

____________________________


One night last week, a President Kennedy video appeared when I was on You Tube.  (Hmmm, I think maybe The Algorithm has been researching my views...)


JFK with son John Jr. at the Kennedy family residence in Atoka ...

It was what we used to call a "home movie" -- about 6 minutes, Pres. and Mrs. K and children outdoors at their country place (during the White House years) -- near Atoka, Virginia.  

No sound -- a silent movie.

Grown-ups walking, children capering...

Watched about 40 seconds and was sort of -- "OK, I'm good..."

Scrolled to Comments.  One of them said Bob Dylan has a new song out; it's a contemplation of the 1963 assassination.

"Whoa."


Can bet your bippy I was all over that.

!

Bob Dylan Painting by Naxart Studio

The name of the song is "Murder Most Foul."

_______________________________

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment