Tuesday, February 15, 2022

in this place where the shadows run from themselves

 


Today I was still thinking about music artists whose work I would buy on vinyl if I decided to get a turntable.

        There was an article (opinion piece) in the NYT titled "Why We Are Not Facing the Prospect of a Second Civil War," by Jamelle Bouie.


I asked myself, if I think about vinyl and turntables and rock-and-roll and Norman Maslov's videos, instead of reading the op-ed and the Reader Comments, is that sort of like Nero fiddling while Rome burned?


(Maybe I can think about both.)


If I like the turntable-vinyl-record sound, after Dylan, the Beatles, and the Stones, I would want Fleetwood Mac represented in the State Of Vinyl, and Creedence Clearwater Revival -- and, I thought, Eric Clapton, specifically the album titled The Cream of Clapton.  However, that's priced at $60 -- so that would be a No.  I'm not doing that.


        Albums I would buy for a small, limited collection, would have to be in 20-dollar range.  And from each artist or band, one or two -- just a representation.


Creedence Clearwater Revival, Chronicle:  The 20 Greatest Hits, vinyl record, $22.97.  Yes, I am here for that.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment