Thursday, April 21, 2022

ancient time

 


Audrey Hepburn


"Timeless" is a word that keeps coming up lately.


Reader Comments in The Guardian call Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album timeless.


A customer review calls The Mary Tyler Moore Show timeless.


Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy, and Marilyn Monroe are called "timeless style icons" in Internet articles and posts.


Dictionary definition of the word, timeless:

not affected by the passage of time or changes in fashion

___________________________


"Time out of mind" is an expression that means

a time in the past that was so long ago that people have no knowledge or memory of it.


There is a 2014 movie titled, Time Out of Mind.

There's a Steely Dan song called "Time Out of Mind."

And a Bob Dylan album, Time Out of Mind (1997).


--------------------------------------------


Jerusalem ["And did those feet in ancient time"]

     by William Blake


And did those feet in ancient time

Walk upon Englands mountains green:

And was the holy Lamb of God,

On Englands pleasant pastures seen!



And did the Countenance Divine,

Shine forth upon our clouded hills?

And was Jerusalem builded here,

Among these dark Satanic Mills?



Bring me my Bow of burning gold:

Bring me my arrows of desire:

Bring me my Spear:  O clouds unfold!

Bring me my Chariot of fire!



I will not cease from Mental Fight,

Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand:

Till we have built Jerusalem,

In Englands green & pleasant Land.



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment