Wednesday, April 20, 2022

goodness strikes

 


Looking back on experiences with the "Get-up-and-dance!" politician, I remember it was fun to interview him "live" on the air.  It was a new thing -- a challenge to learn how, and pleasurable to "worry" ahead of time about what questions to ask him.


I remember I took pen and legal pad out to a friend's house in the country, on a bright sunny day, to make a list of his Question Suggestions.  He was a WWII veteran, similar age to my dad, and he had served in the state legislature, so to me, he was a valuable resource.


I had my piece of paper with interview questions ready when the politician arrived at the radio station.  When we were done, I had him introduce the next song.  Before exiting the Control Room, he rumbled over and hugged me, saying happily, "This was great."  I think it was fun for him -- the interview, I mean -- because it was something he didn't do every day.


After he had left, someone fussed, "I can't believe he hugged you!"

        I thought everyone knew that some people hug, on a casual and frequent basis, because they feel exhilarated at the moment -- particularly people in Politics or Entertainment.  It isn't so unusual.


♪ ♫

So I'm back to the velvet underground

Back to the floor that I love

To a room with some lace and paper flowers

Back to the gypsy that I was

To the gypsy that I was



And it all comes down to you

Well, you know that it does, well --

Lightning strikes -- maybe once, maybe twice

Oh and it lights up the night

And you see you're a gypsy

You see you're a gypsy



To the gypsy

That remains

Her face says freedom

With a little fear

I have no fear

I have only love

And if I was a child

And the child was enough

Enough for me to love

Enough to love



She is dancing away from you now

She was just a wish

She was just a wish

And her memory -- is all that is left for you now

You see you're a gypsy, oh

You see you're a gypsy



Ooh ooh, oh oh, oh oh oh



Goodness strikes

Maybe once, maybe twice

And it all comes down to you

Ooh oh, and it all comes down to you

Lightning strikes

Maybe once, maybe twice (oh)

I still see your bright eyes, bright eyes

(And it all comes down to you)

________________________________

{"Gypsy" -- written by Stevie Nicks; recorded by Fleetwood Mac -- 1982, Mirage album.}

on Internet:  Play and Enjoy.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment