Tuesday, October 11, 2022

"the chalice from the palace"

 


Last week Loretta Lynn, and then today Angela Lansbury.


A reader comment in The Guardian last week:

~ She strikes me as almost comparable to Chuck Berry in how offhandedly clever and fun her writing can be -- 'I'm not sayin' my baby's a saint/ cause he ain't/ and that he won't cat around with a kitty/ I'm here to tell you gal to lay off of my man/ if you don't wanna go to fist city!'  Great stuff...


a reader comment under today's New York Times Lansbury article:

~ Sold her a gold compact at Bonwit Teller in the late 70's (!)  I had seen her stunning performance of Mame and we had a memorable conversation.  A funny, insightful, gracious person, a real giant of film, Broadway and TV.

___________________________


When my mind scans for Angela Lansbury, it brings up her youthful performance in Gaslight, in the company of Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman, and of course Murder, She Wrote.  

Comment sections show high-trending mentions of her Broadway performances in Mame, and Sweeney Todd, as well as a 1962 feature film called The Manchurian Candidate.  Apparently she's quite a villain in that -- can probably You Tube it and see a clip....

_______________________________


I looked for a poem about death and could not find anything I wanted to put on here.


my poem about death:


Death is boring

Life is the thing


__________________________


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment