Monday, October 17, 2022

you'd better detour around my town

 

Loretta Lynn, Sissy Spacek


In remembrance of Loretta Lynn, I checked You Tube for clips from the 1980 film, Coal Miner's Daughter:


COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER (1980) FULL LENGTH TRAILER

uploader / channel:  FIVEMINUTEFILMS


some of the comments


Sachin Rahul

RIP country Queen you will be missed, Love from India


mkeogh76

It doesn't matter if you're a country music fan or not, this is one of the greatest biopics ever done.  It's powered by one of the truly great acting performances in American cinematic history.


animal61066

Have to agree with this.  I'm a rock and metal fan, but this is one of the greatest biopics ever....


justess martin

...I saw the movie in theaters at least 13 times when it was released....


Austin Teutsch

The reason this movie is better than other biopics is because it's told in chronological order.


Rich J

Absolutely love this movie, everything about it.  The performances are just outstanding, the music, the directing.  Such a wonderful movie.


Amy Fisher

I saw Coal Miner's Daughter in a second run theater on a double bill with Melvin And Howard.  This was one of the best afternoons of my life.


Jeffrey Turner

Spacek is INSANE in this movie .... This is what you call a "tour-de-force"


TiannaTheGreat

I love this movie!!  I remember seeing this as a teenager on lifetime.  It kind of reminded me of Teena Turner's movie.


Mark P.

I never was a big country music fan growing up although many of my family and friends were.  However, I loved this movie!  I mean I loved it so much my wife will say "oh no you watching that again!?"  It's a classic!!!


WECOOK

A damn good movie


Ahmad Mazhar hj Hassan

I just remembering this story of life..  I just too much different culture..  but I am really sad to hear Loretta pass away...  Rip


___________________________________________

On You Tube it's getting to be a trend where young people make videos of themselves listening to a song, and they "react" to it.  It's called a reaction video.


I found this one, for everyone's viewing and listening pleasure:

Loretta Lynn - Fist City Reaction | SAVAGE!!!

channel / uploader:  Gracie Reacts


♫ ♫♪

If you don't wanna go to fist city,

You better detour around my town...


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment