Wednesday, February 8, 2023

domino theory

 


Allen Dulles



Friday, November 22, 1963

        President Kennedy murdered in Dallas, Texas


Sunday, November 24, 1963

        Lee Harvey Oswald murdered by Jack Ruby in Dallas


Monday, November 25, 1963

        President John Fitzgerald Kennedy's funeral

________________________________


I remember watching the funeral and the procession through the streets of Washington, D.C. -- it was on TV.  I was five years old, then, and my first friend to run around with and learn from was Sheri Witherspoon, who lived next door.  She was seven or eight years old, and seemed to know everything, from my point of view.


        She was at our house, watching the funeral with my parents and me.  I remember her saying, "I wish they'd take that flag off of there, so we can see him!"


Kids.


("I want to see the dead body!")

_________________________


The idea that doesn't go away, for me, is:

Some people in the government wanted to escalate America's involvement in Vietnam's civil war.

Kennedy did not want or intend to do this.

So -- they killed him and went ahead into Vietnam.


And the idea which attaches to that is -- the main reason to fight a war in Vietnam was so that some large manufacturing companies (Brown & Root, Texas-based; Bell Helicopter, Texas-based) could make a lot of money.


And why would the government help companies make a lot of money?  So that the companies can make large donations back to the politicians...?


If these things are true, it goes so far beyond what people in a democracy believe is right, that you almost can't talk about it because it's like you're acknowledging an evil and amorality that you don't want to believe exists.


John Kennedy was the president, not Allen Dulles or J. Edgar Hoover or any of those others.  So he got to say what military involvement by the U.S. was going to go forward.


        But not if they kill him.


        ("I'll give you your damn war...")



The online publication called the Daily Beast had a headline in October 2015:

Did CIA Director Allen Dulles Order the Hit on JFK?


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment