Wednesday, January 31, 2024

some kind of magic

 [excerpt from Jerry Hall: My life in pictures] --------------

 Mick and I seemed to work some kind of magic together at this time - everything we did was successful and we were being hailed as the glitterati couple.  We were invited to everything, met everyone and were photographed wherever we went - it was all very heady stuff. 


        Perhaps it was because we were so happy.  We really were head over heels in love.  When I first went to Paris to be with Mick, while he recorded an album and I did the catwalk shows ... We never got tired or bored or disagreed.  We were just so in love, becoming closer and closer, sharing our thoughts, our books, our inner fears and always laughing.  He would read me the spiritual poetry of Rumi and I would read him the humorous poetry of Dorothy Parker. 


        We laughed together all the time.  Mick had a great sense of humor, he was always joking and we both loved playing games and fooling around.  I had been a leg-wrestling champion back in Texas.  Bryan had disapproved and the one time he saw me leg-wrestle, at a party in Mustique where everyone was having fun, he was angry with me and told me not to do it.  But Mick thought it was hilarious,  he really got into  leg-wrestling. 

____________________________________

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment