Thursday, February 8, 2024

we want folksingers here

Under yesterday's video one commenter wrote, 

"Damn I want all my arguments to end in a synchronized dance scene"

---------------------

Under a NYC in the '60s video someone wrote, 

"I wasn't much of a believer in past lives,  ... but I miss and love this city like I do no other  .... perhaps just the memory, or a dream."

_____________________________

To consider New York City in the 1960s, here are two videos:

Bob Dylan - Talkin' New York (Official Audio)

Uploader / channel - Bob Dylan 

New York  1960 Attractions - [New York 4k]

Uploader / channel - New York 4k


In the Dylan song, this line where the guy tells him, "You sound like a hillbilly.  We want folk singers here." -- just, somehow, so dopey and funny...

        The New York 1960 recording is without any annoying,  exaggerated background music or narration. It's just daytime city sounds, as if you're walking around.  Pretty unique. 

___________________________

On one New York (Greenwich Village) video, a commenter said, 

I used to hang out in the village in the early 90s, a lot.  been to all of the well known places there.  best time of my life. 

-------------------------------

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment