Friday, November 9, 2018

moonlight through the pines


Georgia, Georgia
The whole day through
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
(Georgia on my mind)...

     The other night I was listening to a press conference of President Donald Trump; reporters asked him questions, and he talked, and I was doing kitchen things.



     When you sit and watch a video, you experience the sounds with your ears and the sights with your eyes; if you're preparing scrambled eggs and washing dishes and adding to some lists while the video plays, then you experience only the sounds, and I wonder if maybe having a Sound-Only experience makes you register what is said more clearly than you would if you are, at the same time as listening, observing how people look and move.




     With the sound-only, I found that while I had tuned in because I wanted to know what current issues had been addressed & what was said about them, my take-away ended up being a realization that Barack Obama's name was mentioned, by our current president, many times.  Many.



Times.


     I had not clicked on the video to find out about Obama:  President Obama has his own website, I think, and he's probably on Twitter and maybe Instagram, etc.  I could have clicked on any of those, if I had wanted to find out about Obama.

     


     But there it was:  while I'm putting olive oil, salt, and a slice of lemon in a pan over low heat, I'm hearing, "Obama--this" ... "Obama--that" ... Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama.





     And it dawned on me:  Donald Trump is obsessed with Barack Obama.

--------------------------------

Online Dictionary
obsession
noun
the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
"she cared for him with a devotion bordering on obsession"

An idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
"he was in the grip of an obsession he was powerless to resist"

synonyms:  fixation, ruling/consuming passion, passion, mania, idée fixe, compulsion, preoccupation, infatuation, addiction, fetish, craze, hobbyhorse; More...
    phobia, complex, neurosis; informal  a bee in one's bonnet, hang-up, thing


________________________________
_____________________

Does President Trump have a -- "thing" -- for President Obama?

Is President Obama -- ehrm -- a bee -- in President Trump's -- uh -- bonnet?

Does President Trump fetishize President Obama?
Is President Trump addicted to President Obama?
Is President Trump infatuated with President Obama?

     Is Pres. Trump preoccupied with Pres. Obama?  Does Donald Trump have a compulsion to think of Barack Obama?  Has Trump developed an idée fixe around our 44th president?




     Does Obama intrude on Trump's -- mind...?

Is President Donald Trump "powerless to resist" President Barack Obama... ... ?



...I said Georgia
Georgia
A song of you
(A song of you)
Comes as sweet and clear
As moonlight through the pines...



__________________________
{"Georgia on My Mind" -- written by Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorrell -- 1930}

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment