Friday, April 5, 2024

mother, don't you recognize your son

 

I've said  before,  I love every single song they used in The Sopranos.  David Chase and I must have the same taste. 

The Rolling Stones 

Bob Dylan 

Joan Baez ("Diamonds And Rust")

Artie Shaw

Chuck Berry 

The Faces ...


In The Sopranos episode titled "Marco Polo" there's a song at the end - "Bad 'N' Ruin".

It's so good!  And I had never heard it before. 

        It's by a band called The Faces, lead singer Rod Stewart. 


One viewer comment said the song is "underrated."  (That word is used a lot on the internet.)

        On YouTube, type in  

Faces, Bad 'n' Ruin

and you will get several videos of the album cut you can listen to. 


One video I want to highlight:

Faces - Bad 'N' Ruin  / THE SOPRANOS 

uploader-channel -- WGON Music 


Click on that one and play it.  It's the song,  with scenes from the Marco Polo episode. 

----------------------------

Comments under one of the album cut videos:


--   I swear to God I find a new song after every episode of the sopranos 

--   Thank you again David Chase.  This song rules. Rod Stewart is awesome as f---.


--   I literally can't kill someone outside of a brothel without literally listening to this first 


--   God I love how the comment section of every song featured on the sopranos on YouTube is overrun with sopranos quotes 


--   Loved this when it was released.  Blew my mind when heard it on the Sopranos.  One of my favorite songs. 


--   What a track.

______________________

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment