Tuesday, April 2, 2024

unpleasant people

 

Several years ago I watched a documentary called "Surviving R. Kelly" - it kind of helps the viewer to contemplate what goes wrong with some people who get fame, money, and power.

        Or - does something "go wrong" with the person, or were they always that way and the power just put them in a position to run amuck?


(John Oliver had a segment on Rudy Giuliani a while back, he said people ask what went wrong with the former New York City mayor, but - leaning forward to the camera and vibrating with his trademark manic energy - "HE'S ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY!!!")


Now it's Sean Combs (P. Diddy) ...

You tube viewer comments:


--   How arrogant do you have to be to record your own illegal crimes with someone else's phone?


--   Just rich..... the rich have different rules.


--   In any society where money and influence can build a shield against the law, this will continue to happen.


--   Pro tip: if you're in a position of authority, do not abuse your subordinate(s).


--   Like R. Kelly, Diddy has been on my "never listen to this fool's work EVER" list for a few decades.


--   Diddy earned everything that he's getting.

______________________________

I was reading about this, and someone referred to R. Kelly and Mr. Combs as "unpleasant people."

        Bit of an understatement.


--------------- I learned who Jennifer Lopez was when I saw the movie Selena in 1997, when it came out.  Then she was making a record album called "On The Six." (Back then I would get my music news from VH-1.)

        THEN, later on that year, I was getting dressed, getting ready for work, and the news said Jennifer Lopez had been arrested (ARRESTED?!) along with her companion puff Diddy, p. Daddy, Whatever, they were at a nightclub and a gun was involved in the scenario...??


I was thinking, OK, that young lady should NOT be dating that person.


...And as soon as she calls me to ask my advice, I will Tell her that. ...

-------------------------------

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment