Wednesday, May 8, 2024

knight of the thistle

 


Mick Jagger; Bianca Jagger


Footballer Tom Brady and model Giselle Bundchen, who used to be married, kind of look alike.  I notice that sometimes, with famous people - they marry someone who sort of looks like them.  See:

Mick Jagger and Bianca 

Elvis Presley and Priscilla...


In You Tube videos titled "Beneath The Crown" where they analyze both the show and the real-life occurrences, people in the Comments offer their ideas.  Two Comments:

~  "Love is overrated.  Respect is much more important."

~  "The royal family did not encourage Diana, or consider any of her successes their own.  Treating her as an outsider all the time."


        To me, that's indicative of people who would rather bicker than accomplish something.  Maybe not consciously.  It's just where they're at, maturity-wise.


In Season 3 of "The Crown" they show the "Jubilee" - that means the 25th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's reign.  1952 - 1977.  Under the "Beneath The Crown" video about that episode, was this Comment:

~  I did my post graduate studies at the University of Edinburgh from 1973 to 1977.  I was there for the Jubilee celebrations.  

I attended the Investiture of Prince Charles as a Knight of the Thistle and that night was one of the waiters at the banquet in the Armory at Edinburgh Castle.  I was close to all of them and the Queen noticed me.  I have a silver teaspoon hallmarked with the Silver Jubilee insignia.


..."Knight of the Thistle" - ?? ...




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment