Monday, May 20, 2024

I should have known it from the very start

 



I want to recommend a nice video I saw, but it's a Tik Tok, and I'm not sure how to identify those for people.

Like, with You Tube you can just type the video's title...  Anyway anyway, I'm just going to try:


I got to this video by being on You Tube; I don't know how to go on Tik Tok; but some of their videos are on You Tube...  See I can't even describe this, frustrating, it's like trying to speak Chinese when no one taught you how...


OK, I got this video on You Tube.

It's a Tik Tok "short."

The name of their channel is @benandzara

And there's a sentence - maybe that is the short's title:

I taught her how to walk, she taught me how to jive.



        I had almost forgotten how sweet the rhythm and drama of that song is:


...I should have known it from the very start

This girl will leave me with a broken heart

Now listen people, what I'm telling you

A-keep away from-a Runaround Sue


I miss her lips and the smile on her face

The touch of her hair and this girl's warm embrace

So if you don't wanna cry like I do

A-keep away from-a Runaround Sue


She likes to travel around

She'll love you but she'll put you down

Now people let me put you wise

Sue goes out with other guys

 

Here's the moral and the story from the guy who knows

I fell in love and my love still grows

Ask any fool that she ever knew

They'll say keep away from-a Runaround Sue...



-----------------------------------------------------

{"Runaround Sue."  written by Dion DiMucci and Ernie Maresca.  producer:  Gene Schwartz.  record label:  Laurie.  recorded at Bell Sound in New York City.  released September 1961.}

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment