Monday, May 6, 2024

flying bread-rolls




you tube comments:


~  Honestly, Princess Diana made the British Monarchy famous in the modern era.  When she died, there's no excitement or anything interesting anymore.  She's the real magic.


~  Diana inspired me to venture outside of myself, to become a better person - to help others

-------------------------------------------

All these royal family dramas kind of went down in the '90s:  I was busy being a lobbyist for small schools, going to the state capital during the legislative session every year.  What time did I have for the royal family drama?  None, really.  But I did notice it. 

Diana's book (written by Andrew Morton) came out in 1992, saying Charles never loved her but used her to have heirs anyway, and that hurt her feelings very much.  (Uh, yeah?!  Hello?!) I could hardly imagine.


And in 1994 (I think) then-Prince Charles did a TV interview where he said he never loved Diana.  (William and Harry:  "Thanks, Dad!")  

He named Andrew Parker Bowles' wife, Camilla Parker Bowles, as his real love, and then the public was like, "What is the matter with this guy?! He lies to this young girl, saying 'Let's get married, I LLUUVVV YOOOOO!' just to get an 'heir and a spare' to carry on the royal yada-yada...?"


Then, according to the You Tube videos I see (and magazines at the time) three days after Charles' TV statement, Andrew Parker Bowles put a divorce into the works, and Camilla was left alone in her "English Country House" with journalists outside trying to take her picture, and when she went to the local store to buy some groceries, other ladies who were shopping threw "bread-rolls" at her.


[I'm trying to picture that.]

At any rate, the bread-rolls were not fatal, because Camilla is still alive, and is - amazingly - the "Queen Of England."


How seriously can people take this?  LOL



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment