Thursday, October 10, 2024

busted flat in Baton Rouge

 



On You Tube, the video titled
Kris Kristofferson ~ Me and Bobby McGee
uploader / channel:  NoRosesForMe

... and play


Busted flat in Baton Rouge,
Headin' for the trains
Feelin' near as faded as my jeans

Bobby thumbed a diesel down,
Just before it rained,
Took us all the way - to New Orleans

I took my harpoon 
Out of my dirty red bandana,
And was blowin' sad while
Bobby sang the blues

With them windshield wipers slappin' time,
And Bobby clappin' hands we finally
Sang up every song that driver knew --

Freedom's just another word for
Nothin' left to lose
Nothin' ain't worth nothin'
But it's free

Feelin' good was easy, Lord, 
When Bobby sang the blues
Feelin' good was good enough for me --

Good enough for me and Bobby McGee

From the coal mines of Kentucky
To the California sun
Bobby shared the secrets of my soul

Standin' right beside me, Lord,
In everything I done
Every night she kept me from the cold

Then somewhere near Salinas, Lord,
I let her slip away
Lookin' for the home I hope she'll find

And I'd trade all my tomorrows
For a single yesterday
Holdin' Bobby's body next to mine

Freedom's just another word for -
Nothin' left to lose
Nothin' left is all she left for me

Feelin' good was easy, Lord, 
When Bobby sang the blues
Buddy that was good enough for me
Good enough for me and Bobby McGee

Na nananananana - nanana-nana -
me and Bobby McGee...  




-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment