Sunday, October 6, 2024

yeah, whatevah happened there?

 



        In yesterday's post I identified the actor Bernie Kopell with 1960s situation comedies "That Girl," "Bewitched," and "Get Smart."  I should have included the '70s-'80s TV show, "The Love Boat."  Probably more people remember him from that....


Today I was thinking about the dream sequences in The Sopranos.  They are the only component of that show that I don't "get."  I never understand them, what they are supposed to be revealing, or representing.  What is the character working through, with that dream sequence?

        When there's a dream sequence, I just wait for it to be over so that the show can continue.


If I could, and someone let me, I would remove every dream sequence from The Sopranos.  It's a great show, but dream-sequence removal would make it perfect, in my view.


        Then I go on You Tube, watch some Sopranos clips and read the comments underneath, and there are many people commenting that the dream sequences are terrific, and meaningful.

What am I missing??

        I just don't see it, but you can't understand everything that some other people do  understand.


        And "visa - versa."


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment