Thursday, December 17, 2009

oh oh oh

"Dr. Zhivago"

on Sunday, December 20
12:30eastern time
TCM (Turner Classic Movies)

A high school teacher whom I admired told me more than once that I needed to see "Dr. Zhivago."

Still haven't.

Sunday, will do that.

She used to say,
"Oh! It's a wonderful movie!"
"Oh! It's the most romantic movie!"
"Oh! You have to see it!"

It's on my schedule.

Now, have to decide:
Do I -- look it up on the internet and read about it and discover ahead of time what I am supposed to appreciate about the movie? Get the stories behind-the-scenes? Research and try to understand the sources for the movie / story?

Or --
Watch it "cold" on Sunday and let my own impressions and ideas be free to form, while trying to figure it out?

Sometimes you appreciate / enjoy things more, if you know more about them.

On the other hand, I'm tempted to -- just Turn It On And Watch It.

(I live on the edge.)

-30-

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes.. you MUST watch Dr Zhivago! One of my favourites though I haven't seen it in such a long time. Also, switch off & unplug your phone and anything else that could distract you. Visually beautiful and emotionally stirring.. I could go on.. I think I have!

    ReplyDelete