Friday, December 11, 2009

Spencer Tracy !!

Saturday night,
December 12
11pm eastern time
TCM (Turner Classic Movies)

"Father Of The Bride"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the Steve Martin one, the Spencer Tracy one.

I love it.

May not get to watch it due to work -- but that's hanging in the balance -- I could still get to see most of the movie -- will miss beginning.

The gentle humor and story-telling style of this movie put me in mind of "The Cosby Show" (the one in the 80s) -- just sort of reflecting, riffing, & spinning on the basic, routine things that happen and feelings you have about them, in family life.

A wonderful movie.

A guy I work with, José, has watched every movie I've recommended to him, on that channel -- "The African Queen"; "Pat And Mike"; "Casablanca".

So tonight, gave him a small square of scratch paper with the relevant info for tomorrow night's movie.

(I wonder if they have all these movies in Puerto Rico, where he's from? I know very little about Puerto Rico.)

I think when you're a person who needs to learn, you are often astounded by how many things you don't know.

Or maybe it's just me.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment