Monday, December 28, 2009

snow-stress, music

People think they did not have a good Christmas because weather caused stress and worry and upset people's plans.

I was sick and blizzards swept through; maybe it's better to get both of those things overwith at once: "time management." Or -- negative-item-management. Except none of it's managed.

One co-worker said they had "a horrible Christmas."
Nobody got hurt -- it was just, no one got to where they were going, for family get-togethers.

It was still Jesus' birthday.
At least there was no "manger malfunction."
That Story stays stable throughout Time.
So that's good.

My friend insisted, "No, no...the Wise Men were snowed in."

The Wise Men were stranded at a Conoco off the Interstate, we think.

What are you going to do?

After feeling sick and taking over-the-counter cold/flu medicines and resting, for several days, woke today with enthusiasm to eat an orange, shovel, and go to work.

Fifty minutes of unrelieved snow-shoveling dampened (chilled?) my enthusiasm somewhat.

While getting ready for work, "The Sopranoes" came on TV. I haven't had a chance to hook in to the characters & become a true fan of that show, but I give it a chance, if it's on, and definitely love the song they play at the beginning, over the credits -- can't understand most of the words, but it's great: some kind of fantastic funk - blues fusion, or something.

Ba-da-dah, "Ah-woke-up this moh-nin' -- got myself a gun..."

Not once in my whole life have I ever woken up and got myself a gun -- guess it isn't the lyrics, but the Sound that I relate to.

And, think it says, "Shotgun - shy."
Shotgun-shy.
Is that an expression?
Or is he saying something else? - can't tell.

Danced; a Tina-Turner-inspired combination.

(It is a good thing there is not a web-cam in my living room...")

-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment