Thursday, May 13, 2010

work - love - thought

quotes

"We are involved in a life that passes understanding and our highest business is our daily life."
-- John Cage
"...Humanism and the spirit of reasonableness are associated with the sense of humor and the sense of proportion..."
-- Lin Yutang
"When you love your work and do a good job, the money follows."
-- Eleanor McMillen Brown
"The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything."
-- E.J. Phelps
"It is always possible to approach a goal by a detour."
-- Theodor Reik
"No architecture can be truly noble which is not imperfect."
-- John Ruskin
"Virtue, study, and gaiety are three sisters who should not be separated."
-- Voltaire
"Practice yourself, for heaven's sake, in little things; and thence proceed to greater."
-- Epicetus
"In a dark time, the eye begins to see."
-- Theodore Roethke
"I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him."
-- Booker T. Washington
"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."
-- Rainer Maria Rilke
-----------------------------------------------------------
I was looking for something when began selecting these quotes -- What was I looking for? I don't know, but this is what I found.
These quotes came from Alexandra Stoddard's book, The Art Of The Possible.
She peppers her books with quotations set aside in the margins.
I began, looking for some paragraphs about Work, but wasn't finding what I wanted.
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment