Wednesday, January 5, 2011

clouds in my coffee

Yesterday, titled blog post
with a phrase from a song by Carly Simon,
"You're So Vain":

"...some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend"
and then worried a little
that my selected title didn't represent any aspect of what had typed in the post
and -- realized -- did not mind because
"some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend"
is such a knock-out genius lyric
it can be anywhere.

In that song, I also love
"clouds in my coffee"
--
I had some dreams, they were
clouds in my coffee,
clouds-in-my-coffee yeah, you're So VAIN -- !

Well you're where you should be all the time
and when you're not
you're with
some underworld spy
or the wife of a close friend,
wife-of-a-close-friend AND --
(oooh!)
You're so VAIN --

you prob'ly think this song is about you...
" "
A song with its unique drama, power, & irony

My 8th-grade English teacher liked that song. Miss Jones.

-30-

2 comments:

  1. I often start out with a title and veer drastically off course - rarely change the title though - it's more fun leaving it in!

    Oh, and you're so vain *is* a great song isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of those songs that I must sing along to. After which I must issue apologies, but there it is.

    ReplyDelete