Monday, January 10, 2011

a dark movie

This morning, between swimming to surface of consciousness & being aware of alarm clocks set to go off rather soon, dreamed something about the film "Taxi Driver" which haven't seen in several years. (Had it on VHS.)

Dreamed: The Robert De Niro character (a taxi driver) shot the pimp.
No -- the pimp killed a guy.
No --
and I awoke, figuring out in my mind, that
I think the pimp killed someone at one point in the film,
and then at the end the De Niro character shoots the pimp.
I think.
Don't take my word for it.
----------------------------------
Didn't see or hear news all weekend.
(Am current with pages on my novel! Work (/fun) comes first.)
Then read on internet this afternoon, of the shootings in Arizona.
NY Times story included this --
----------[quote] Early Sunday, the authorities released a photograph taken from the surveillance video of a possible accomplice in the shooting. But the man later contacted sheriff's deputies, who determined that he was a taxi driver ... [end quote]
--------------------------------

If I was one of those people who believes in dreams having a special significance, or predictions, or what we used to call e.s.p., I would be thinking about that:
like -- there was this atrocity in Arizona, which I didn't know about,
and I dreamed about shootings (in a movie)
and then here's the phrase "taxi driver" in the news story
(turned out the taxi driver drove that kid to the supermarket, but appears to be unconnected to the "assassination plan").

But, you know -- I don't do crystal balls or ghosts or any of that.
I'm a Protestant. "Be nice; don't kill people." That's my belief.
I'm not gonna do palm reading or future-predicting or e.s.p.
Probably better off not knowing what people are thinking.

-----------------------------
That congresswoman who got shot in Ariz. had told a friend earlier this year that lawmakers with high profiles today earned their place in the spotlight through 'outlandish and mean behavior...You get no reward for being the normal, reasonable person.'

that's it in a nutshell...
things are not so good
we gotta work to improve them

-30-

1 comment:

  1. Well, we could overlay all kinds of interesting things to your dream in regard to the shootings. Interesting. Like you, I leave the interpretations to people who like that kind of thing.

    Be nice, don't kill people. It's so simple and yet so difficult to achieve. Yes, we have work to do.

    ReplyDelete