Tuesday, January 4, 2011

...some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend

I'm checking daily this blog on the internet called
Rise Of The Center.
It's a flow of well-researched information
that's anti-extremism.

Discovering that there's a huge chunk of the American population
that doesn't vote
made me realize that basically the Election of governing people
is essentially being left to
the haters and extremists.

hence -- problems / unreasonableness, etc.

I used to think of myself as "conservative" -- but my definition was an older, more traditional one. Now -
I see & hear folks saying (screaming) horrid, hateful, untrue things, and
they
call themselves
"conservatives."

[Saw a spot on the internet which advertised "three conservative books" for -- I don't know, a dollar, or something. Maybe a dollar apiece.
(?!)
And over-priced, I'll venture to hypothesize.]

There's a group (a bandwagon?) where they want to say, "I'm conservative!" "I'm conservative!"
It's like -- a club they want to join -- so they can imagine that they are similar to whatever talk show stars they like -- it's a thing with which to identify.

And it's being marketed like crazy.
Like -- the hula hoop; cigarettes; WalMart; Silly Putty -- whatever you got.

Now -- "No Labels" is looking good.
"Conservative" has been shoplifted by extremists who label themselves that.
(What label do I want to call myself?
I'll be the Silly Putty, thank you.)

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment