Friday, January 21, 2011

there's an old joke...

I have learned from experience that any story or dialogue which starts with the phrase,
"There's an old joke..."
will be a good story, or dialogue.
--------------------- the start of the film, "Annie Hall"
::::
There's a old joke...
Two elderly women are at a Catskill Mountain resort,
and
one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible!"
The other one says,
"Yeah, I know -- and such small portions!"
-------------Well that's essentially how I feel about life --
full of loneliness, and misery and suffering and unhappiness, and
-- it's all over much too quickly! ::::
-------------------------------
Truth, humor, irony, paradox. (Do the "Eat This, Not That" guys say we can have those??)

-30-

1 comment:

  1. I love it! And yes. This life can certainly be a pain. But I'm not in any hurry to be finished with it.

    ReplyDelete