Tuesday, May 31, 2011

all along the watchtower

About five - to - six years ago, an impression was left with me, in a moment, outdoors in a parking area, & I began a new habit: I started automatically and immediately locking my car door after getting in.

It used to be -- Open car door, slide into driver's seat, close door, start car, put in music.
One day in late 05 or early 06, I changed it to:
Open car door, slide into driver's seat, close door, Lock Door (plap - clernk), start car, put in music.
Etc.

-------------------
Then a year or so after beginning that new policy, a small scary incident occurred where the realization was brought home to me very clearly that adding "Lock Car Door" to that routine was a Real Good Decision.

Living in an area where there's little crime, we become unduly relaxed, maybe -- "car-jackings" are not on our list of stuff to worry about, realistically.

I've thought about these momentary, isolated incidents once in a while and wondered about the implication for Society at Large.
I want to write more about this when I can get a minute,
or when can figure them out.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment