Monday, February 10, 2014

a real looker


EXT.  THE WALKER MANSION - NIGHT
Ned Racine's Stingray drives determinedly into the parking area in the front.  Hovers a few seconds; can see no one's home.  He spins a "U-ee" and zooms away, skidding some gravel.

INT.  NED'S OFFICE - DAY

The secretary asks him, "Is there something wrong with your phone?

^^ It's just off the hook.  What?
^^ Teddy Lewis is in County.  He's very anxious to talk to you.

INT.  COUNTY JAIL VISIT. AREA - DAY

The guy who built the incendiary device for Ned ("Mr. I-Feel-Like-A-Number" portrayed by Mickey Rourke) speaks to Racine sitting across a little table from him.  Lewis beckons Racine to lean across and listen; Lewis's voice drops almost to a whisper.

TEDDY LEWIS:  This broad came to me last week.  A real looker.  She said that you told her how she could reach me, and I figured that you must've, because she knew all about it.  She said that you wanted another one.
(he drops his voice to a level that is even quieter)
She had me show her how to rig it to a door, with a little delay.  Does any of this mean anything to you?

Racine's face is a study.

TEDDY LEWIS:  Then I'm glad I told you.  You better watch your step.

RACINE:  Thanks Teddy.

---------------
{Body Heat, screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan.}

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment