Tuesday, February 18, 2014

try me


EXT.  WALKER GAZEBO - NIGHT

After Matty sees Ned Racine at the gazebo and speaks with him, she comes up the steps and embraces him, her arms up across his soulders.  She closes her eyes -- the two of them are like one figure melded in the gloom.

She speaks and her hands begin to glide slowly down his arms, lightly.

MATTY:  It's all ours now, Ned.  We could leave tonight if we wanted.  It's all over.

RACINE:  Yes it is.

She touches something in Ned's hand -- she's startled.  She backs away from him.

MATTY:  Ned what's that?

NED:  It's Edmund's gun.  You remember it, don't you?

He has the 38 in his hand now.  He looks it over casually, but the barrel is toward her.

MATTY:  What is it, Ned?  What's happened?

NED:  I think you know.

MATTY:  No.  I swear to you, I don't!

NED:  It's the glasses, Matty.

MATTY:  Weren't they there?  Didn't she bring them?

NED:  I didn't see them.

MATTY:  She promised me she'd bring them.

^^ Maybe I missed them.  The way you missed them that night.

^^ Ned, I don't know what you think, but you're wrong.  I could never do anything to hurt you.  I love you.  You've got to believe me.

^^ Keep talking Matty.  Experience shows I can be convinced of anything.

-------------------------
{Body Heat.  Screenplay written by Lawrence Kasdan.}

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment