Wednesday, September 10, 2014

zucchini, fettuccine



Tried to amend my carnivorous habits,
Made it nearly seventy days.
Losin' weight without speed,
eatin' sunflower seeds,
Drinkin' lots of carrot juice and soakin' up rays.


But at night I'd have these wonderful dreams --
Some kind of sensuous treat.
Not zucchini, fettuccini, or bulgur wheat,
But a good warm bun and a big hunk of meat --


Cheeseburger in paradise.
Heaven on earth with an onion slice.
Not too particular, not too precise.
Just a cheeseburger in paradise.


Heard about the old-time sailor men,
They eat the same thing again and again;
Warm beer and bread they say could raise the dead.
Well it reminds me of the menu at a Holiday Inn.


But times have changed for sailors these days
When I'm in port I get what I need
Not just Havanas or bananas or daiquiris, but that
American creation on which I feed!


Cheeseburger in paradise --
Medium rare with Muenster'd be nice
Not too particular, not too precise
Just a cheeseburger in paradise.




I like mine with lettuce and tomato


Heinz 57 and French-fried potatoes


Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer


Well good God Almighty which way do I steer




For a cheeseburger in paradise
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice
To get a --
Cheeseburger in paradise
Cheeseburger in paradise
Just a cheeseburger in paradise





-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment