Friday, December 28, 2018

clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon




"The audience takes irresponsible delight in vigorous events."

~ William Shakespeare




     One of the reasons why I love the song "Convoy" is because it is jam-packed with words -- colorful descriptions -- catchy turns-of-phrase....

     It's sort of the same reason I love the film, Manhattan Murder Mystery -- it is words and conversation, realistic, like real life, where people sometimes cut off, or stammer, or rethink, or talk over each other.  It isn't like some films where each character is carefully making a specific speech.  With the CAMERA on his face for a close-up....



...Headin' for bear
On I - One - O,
'Bout a mile out of Shakey town
I says, Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck
And I'm about to put the hammer down...


...What do you mean, you snuck into his apartment?  Are you nuts?
          ... You'll end up rooming with John Gotti...


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment