Friday, December 21, 2018

social anxiety




{Manhattan Murder Mystery}

PAUL
You know, I found your glasses.

CAROL
Mine?

PAUL
These are yours, aren't they?

CAROL
Yes.

LARRY
No.

CAROL
Uh, no.  Yeah.  Uh... No no no no no.  They... They... Oh, God....

                                   She takes the glasses from his hand.




LARRY
No, no, those aren't yours.  These are the same, actually.  They are, aren't they?  These-These-These ones, are.

CAROL
They are actually... They're mine.  Honey, they're mine!  I... You know what happened?  I think the other night, I must have left them here.  It's the strangest thing.

PAUL
Did you?  I didn't notice that.

CAROL
No, no.  Yeah.  I know.  Because, remember, you were saying that you thought that I left them at your mother's house?

LARRY
At your mother's house.

CAROL
That's right.  Of course, so...

                                She turns toward Paul, who has remained very calm.

PAUL 
That mousse looks fabulous.

CAROL
Anyway, it's so good.  I love mousse.

PAUL
Thank you very much.

CAROL
Hey, listen, are you looking forward to going snorkeling in the Caribbean?

PAUL
Very much.  Very much.

CAROL
Uh huh...

PAUL
It's funny.  I found those glasses under my bed.








-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment